Friday, February 5, 2010

2/8/2010 - Beer + Beats? (And "Illegal Business")




The dudes over at Music and Beer tend to talk about, well, music and beer. I've mostly been on the music tip until now, but here's a little beer story. I was in Arcata during summer, digging a hole to put my girlfriend's dead dog in. The dog was big, so naturally I was pretty fucking tired halfway through. During a brief break from the work, I was presented with this Steelhead beer. It was quite good. It gave me the strength I needed to finish the ditch. Try it sometime. Ben had a good heart, much like this beer's flavor. I don't need to make sense, this is my motherfucking blog. R.I.P. Ben.

Mac Mall's Classic Album "Illegal Business" is below. At least it's classic to me. Real early 90's Bay Area rap is really good. Dre Dog, RBL, IMP, Rappin' 4-Tay, Too $hort, Totally Insane, Mac Dre, Mac Mall, Spice 1, Casual, Extra P, Souls, Del, list goes on and on. "Illegal Business" is still one of my favorites. Peep a song from it on the last youtube embed at the bottom of this post. Khayree really kept the production fresh for this. He produced Mac Dre's debut which was really dope, too. Khayree and T.C. were really runnin' shit around this time.



Here are some really ill songs:






No comments:

Post a Comment