Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2/2/2010 - Cut the Cake

What up y'all? You wanna hear some real funky shit? I hope you've heard this before, but if you haven't, you're in for a treat. You should recognize a few hits off this joint. "Cut the Cake" is just dope. "School Boy Crush" or "Microphone Fiend"?


Enjoy that shit. I just copped the LP, the CD was in the rotation a while back, I haven't seen it since I ripped it.

In other news, People Under the Stairs got announced for Paid Dues, which makes the line-up pretty damn good. I could pass on a lot of the acts at this point, but I still wanna see Del and Cube rock (as well as the P).

Anybody got a fix on the Donald Byrd "Places and Spaces" LP? I've been dying to buy that record for a while. Don gets too progressive for me sometimes. He was still a Jazz artist at his core even though he was dipping his fingers into all sorts of genres. I just wish he'd stick with an idea for a little longer before he switches it up on you.


Do I like "All the Places" more? I dunno, maybe. Probably. It's a hard call. Just enjoy both of the songs.


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment