Friday, February 5, 2010

2/5/2010 - No Need For Alarm/Unfinished Business



No Need For Alarm


Growing up, this was one of my favorite albums. The shit is just straight funky, and while it hasn't aged incredibly and it gets sort of monotonous to people who aren't entrenched Del fans, it's still a great rap record. It is was darker and more aggressive than "I Wish My Brother George Was Here." I personally prefer it.

I would listen to the shit on repeat and play Xardion (shitty robot platformer that was fun for a little kid like me), Killer Instinct and Rise of the Robots while downing soda. That's real right there. I also dug on some Dre Dog/Nickatina and some Delta Force. SNES and PC games and rap was it.

So yeah, some early ass dark battle rap shit. The beats are hard, the rhymes are rough and on point. What more can a rap fan want?


Del The Funky Homosapien - No Need For Alarm (1993)


Also:

EPMD - Unfinished Business (1989)


I stumbled upon this sample set from Hip Hop is Read, and it is incredible. If you are into finding out what goes into your music, these guys are second to none.

EPMD - Unfinished Business Samples

No comments:

Post a Comment